1.WHAT IS THE MAIN VISION OF GBO?[CULTURAL REVIVAL, HUMAN AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT] Unite all Idu ancestries in Diaspora to create chat rooms, socio medias for conversations, discussions, ideals and sharing of concerns on issues that affect Edoid cultural and socio-economic well being as well as taking actions collectively to effect a change where and when neccessary. Work for the restoration and protection of the Great Benin core values, traditions and culture for socio peace and harmony.
2. HOW DOES GBO PLAN TO IMPACT THE BENIN LIVES IN DIASPORA AND BACK HOME?
(a) DIASPORA: Assist in cultural orientation of diaspora children and community. Organise GBO diaspora children/youth picnics in various countries. This picnic is to enable diasporan youths and children to know their Edo family members, learn and practise Edo language, tradition and culture, same time assist one another in areas of necessities.GBO hope to building the Great benin communities around Europe and other continents for one brotherly love and sharing.
(b) HOME: Assist in schools cultural orientations, health campaigns, competitions, colaborate with other agencies to help Benin youths to proper mental and physical developments. Give socio assistance to less privilledges if possible and participate in cultural festivals in the state to promote the organisation and the Benin heritage.
3. DO WE HAVE A PLAN OF ACTION TO ACTUALIZE GBO VISIONS?
Plan Of Action To Actualize Gbo Vision Are:
1. A website to inform and publish gbo activities,
2. Whatsapp groups to share concerns and ideals
3. Online form and a 20e/25$/N8000 fee for registered member’s GBO membership IDcard
4. Yearly dues of members 100e/120$/ N5000 (only for those subscribers living in Nigeria)
5. Special donations when necessary for some administrative expenses, legal services, registrations, promotions and other extra ordinary expenses.
6. GBO yearly worldwide conference held from country to country in Europe
7. Plan of land acquizition and the building of GBO secretariat for both administrative and cultural purpose
8. Publications of articles, organisational events and activities
9. Featuring at Edo fest, Edo state polythechnic Usen, Uniben, Holy Aruosa Cathedral and Igue festival
10. Standard screening procedure of members into GBO executive council
11. GBO worldwide conference to be held in Rome Italy scheduled for august 2019.
4. WHAT LESSONS HAS GBO LEARNED FROM OTHER SIMILAR GROUPS?
i. Too much personal interest over organisational interest
ii. Lack of self responsibility
iii. Less documentation and poor data keeping of members and organisational profile
iv. Unnecessary fight for positions and power among members and executives
v. Lack of standard organisational profile and expertize
5. HOW DOES GBO PLAN TO DIFFERENTIATE ITSELF FROM OTHER GROUPS WITH SIMILAR IDEALS AND VISIONS?
1) Proper Accountability
2) Positions of merit with constitutional review
3) Self responsibility
4) Security of datas and legal guide
5) Expert mode of operation
6) Parliamentary democracy of authority – the EC as the highest authority – a body of thoughts and reasons to draw a comparative and efficient decision.
Secretary of GBO