“Great Benin Origins Diaspora Organisation hopes to *Inaugurate Secretariat* in the heart of Igodomigodo Benin City November 2020” Celebrates *Worldwide Conference First Time In Nigeria* where all members and executives worldwide assemble to rejoice, share together and discuss there progress November 2020 as resolved at last conference in Rome, Italy. *GET READY!*
*WHAT G.B.O. DOES NOT REPRESENT* https://youtu.be/gRjkPP5eLvI Great Benin Origins (GBO) Diaspora Organisation Is Not: *x A pressure group* *x A political group* *x A religious group* *x A rebel group* *x A secessionist group* *x A militants group* *x A hate group* *….. but* Forum Of Great Benin Origins In Diaspora group […]
10 THINGS YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT GBO ORGANISATION By Uwagboe Ogieva 20th Of December, 2019 G.B.O. = Great Benin Origins (Owo 1). G.B.O. is a diaspora organisation, an NGO culturally and economically engaging community service and development in Nigeria. (Eva 2). Owned by all Edoid people, intelligently guided by collective individuals […]
THE NEW CONSTITUTIÓNAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS 1. Mr Emokpae Odigie 2. Elder Osehi Ikhilor 3. Dr Charles Omorodion 4. Uwagboe Ogieva 5. Víctor Osazuwa 6. Barrister Osawaru 7. Madam Juliet Omokhodu 8. Madam Diva Ukponmwan Mr Uwagboe Ogieva will be the chairman of the constitutiónal committee. Thank you all United we stand. President Meg Okao […]
*SUPPORT TO COMPLETE G.B.O BUILDING IN THE HEART OF BENIN CITY* Great Benin Origins appeal to all members, those who love to see the progress of Edo people and nation, those who want positive development in the society. Those who are not happy with the system and want to join good loving diaspora sons and […]
*G.B.O. EXECUTIVE MEMBERSHIP SELECTION !!!* Great Benin Origins Organisation Special Selection Excercise ! G.B.O. wish to inform participants of this great forum that wish to be part of the EC to kindly declare their intention by applying to be admitted into the Executive Council. G.B.O. is all about Great Benin Origins, its […]
OPENING ADDRESS BY MRS MEG OKAO, PRESIDENT GREAT BENIN ORIGINS WORLDWIDE, AT GBO ANNUAL CONFERENCE IN ROME, ITALY ON AUGUST 17TH 2019. Let me start by welcoming our special guests and all invitees to GBO 2019 Conference. Our Royal and Traditional Fathers, Edo State Government officials, The Nigerian Ambassador to Italy, Leaders and Members […]
*Great Benin Origins In Diaspora Organisation Celebrates 1st Year Anniversary And Worldwide Conference In Rome, Italy, 17th Of August, 2019* By Uwagboe Ogieva 18th Of August, 2019 It was a bright sunny day, with a clear cloud, like a gradual coming together of giants for a great united front working in unity […]
(1) Building skills and educational supports
(2) Sponsor a Radio/TV station
(3) Build a standard GBO secretariat in Benin City
(4) Sponsor members for training
(5) Organise inter sports and quiz competitions
(6) Participate and invest on economic utilities of Great Benin cultural festivals
(7) Sponsor science innovative projects
(8) GBO Worldwide Magazine
(9) Sport Activities and Competitions
(11) “IZOHE IYOBO EVBO” ANNUAL DIASPORA SUPPORT”
(12) “GBO ALL SECONDARY SCHOOL CULTURAL COMPETITION“
(13) “EMWIN NIGUESE” – SHOW YOUR TALENT – EDO CREATIVE CULTURE
GBO MAGAZINE IS POSIBLE:
1. It’ll be very marketable due to alot of publicity through various print media and social media. And we’ll have to do a launching to raise money and create much awareness.
2. The production cost would be put into consideration and our very first production shouldn’t be reasoned on what to gain as we’ll have to send some copies to some notable idu children who will one way or another make contributions either now or in future.
3. There are alot of articles posted on GBO platform that are enough to make a magazine. We’ll create a page or two for Edo language learning which will also attract most parents to buy for their children’s benefit, column for jokes, historical facts, health etc. It can be one magazine every quarter of the year for a start but can later upgrade to every month when we see the outcome.
It’ll also serve as a means to showcase all activities of GBO both at home and in diaspora.
For a start, we can meet some notable idu children who has business to advertise like hotels and every other businesses, we can even partner
We can showcase our rich cultural heritage, artifacts and traditional settings of old and of modern age.
A column can also be created for people to make suggestions and advice.
Like this igue festival pictures from the day one should even be enough to start up magazine. Capture everyday activities and you will see how people will key into this. Especially our brothers and sisters in diaspora. It can be made available online in a way that it can’t be duplicated (copied) when they pay for it.
Those are valid points-
1) media is very important in this obviously in order to advertise this- the question as well is will people contribute to this when looking at the history of what GBO has done to date?
2) I think the production cost should be considered from the very beginning because if it doesn’t take off the way we envision we will be put in a financial deficit. Yes the copies being sent to notable individuals as a form of advertising and gaining assistance by means of contributions is important but is it something GBO should start now?
3) yes there are numerous articles posted here that are also available on the website. The content in the magazine would need to be set apart from them. As well as the numerous sections is a given.
I agree that it should be every quarter of the year when we go ahead with this idea. But we would also need writers and individuals to manage the magazine and the various columns within. This will all take time and months maybe even a year + to get started.
What I am saying it is a great idea and something GBO should do, but as of now I believe GBO should focus on actually going into the community and advertising this organization through personal interaction with the people so that they can see us. We need to focus on networking with people before the magazine comes to fruition.
My little contribution to this subject matter like I’ve always suggested
1.we can start with magazine publications with notable events covered and our correspondence always on ground.
2.we can set up a school where only history, tradition and cultural values will be taught. In this, we can partner with Benin institute of studies to get some vital documents, teach few persons and they become teachers. We can also generate revenue from the people registering to learn.
3.we can invest in sporting activities in a traditional way like a traditional Olympics where athletes from old Benin empire territory can contest in various activities like wrestling, swimming etc