Proposed areas covered for the distributions of hand sanitizers and face masks as published by Nicholas Ogieva on 11 of April, 2020:
(1) Igun street from sakponba Junction to igbesamwan Junction/ environs
(2) Around Oba Palace area
(3) third junction motor park upper Sakponba Road
(4) Motor parks around ring road
(5) motor park by St Matthew cathedral church sakponba road
(6) Some Civil society organizations in Benin.
(7) Beggars around mission Road.
The above suggested places will be reviewed/discussed tomorrow morning by Ni
Report on Great Benin Origins in Diaspora (GBO) distributions of 1000 free hand sanitizers and 200 face masks at Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria on Saturday 11th April 2020.
Mrs. Aibiokula Okao – Cultural Ambassador worldwide
Mr. Nicholas Ogieva – Nigeria Coordinator
Barr. Famous Osawaru – Nigeria Legal Adviser
Mr. Courage Igbinosa Egbon – Nigeria Project Officer
Mr. Uyioghosa Iyasere – Nigeria Financial Secretary
Mrs. Vero Ekomobe – Member
Mr. Oshodin Ose – Member
Mrs. Harriet Osas – Member
Mr. Idahosa Asuen – Member
Representative of Mr. Nosa Idehen
Mr. Dan Osazuwa – Representative of Mr Osazuwa
Marvellous Aghahowa – Representative of Mr. Aghahowa
1. The distributions commenced at the GBO secretariat, No 30 Igun street, off upper sakponba road, Benin City and environs down to motor park by Wema bank, Akpakpava Road.
2. Holy Arousa cathedral: We presented some hand sanitizers and face masks which was received by the Assistant to the Ohen and a group photograph was taken including video recording.
3. Ring Road by Lagos Street: We distributed hand sanitizers to some market women and passerby but we were overwhelmed by the crowed.
4. Oba Palace: Visit to Oba Palace, we were told to book appointment with the Secretary to the Benin Traditional Council and make it official for the presentation of the hand sanitizers and face masks. We hope to book appointment with him next week and we have reserved 50 hand sanitizers and over 20 face masks for the Palace.
5. Ogbe street behind Oba Palace and Ahorhan Street Off Airport Road: We distributed hand sanitizers from house to house. The people were hoping for food instead of hand sanitizers. Two elderly women told us that we should have share rice.
6. NUJ: We met the secretary of NUJ and presented some hand sanitizers to him on behalf of GBO. The secretary thereafter thank GBO for the donations and also promised to air it in the media house.
7. We gave some hand sanitizers and face masks to Chief Ihama N’Igun who donated secretariat building for GBO office in Benin and left the bucket with tap and soap at his house for use.
8. All members and representatives who attended the events were given hand sanitizers and face masks.
In addition with the 50 hand sanitizers and face masks reserved for the Palace; we have also reserved 105 hand sanitizers for those who may request for it.
Please note that we try to maintain social distance in the distributions.
Additional Money Spent as Approved by EC:
1. One packet of hand glove = N2,000
2. One bucket with tap = N1,600
3. Hand washing soap = N1,000
4. Cellophane packets big and small = N760
5. Cleaning of GBO Secretariat = N2,000
We wish to sincerely thank and appreciate all the donors and members of GBO who made this project possible. May God and our ancestors reward you all abundantly Isee.
GBO – Akugbe !!!
Thank you and God bless