ELECTORAL GUIDELINES AND ELIGIBILITY TO CONTEST FOR EXECUTIVE COUNCIL OFFICE IN GREAT BENIN ORIGINS (GBO).
Electoral Committee’s criteria to accredit prospctive electoral candidates :
1) Must have filled and Submitted GBO’s membership form.
2) Must have Payed GBO Registration Fee.
3) Must have obtained GBO’s Identity Card or show proof of Id & Registration payment.
4) Must be a regular participant and contributor on GBO Social Media Forums.
5) Must have been admitted and accredited as a bonafide GBO member for not less than 3 months.
6) Must have attended GBO’s annual Conference and attend her important or emergency meetings,
Note : Point # 6 is only applicable to the Offices of The President, Vice President, Secretary and The Finacial Scretary, other positions are exempted.
7) Must be a person of good moral standing and integrity.
8) Must have fulfilled and complied with the payments of GBO’s annual dues of the previous year.
9) Must have a genuine interest to serve and function appropriately in designated office.
10) Must be ready to uphold the constitution, bye laws and regulation of the association.
11) Must fervently promote the aims and objective of GBO.
• The President and Vice President’s office must be alternated between a male and a female member for the sake of gender equality(ie, If a Man is elected President, a Woman assumes the Vice President and Vice Versa).
• The Secretarial office must be managed by a competent personality that must be available at almost every annual conference meetings, forum proceedings and Executive Council’s deliberations. Possession of basic secretarial skills will be an advantage.
• The Financial Secretary’s office must be managed by a person with high integrity and also knowledgeable in basic calculation or accounting, coupled with financial record keeping abilities.
ARTICLE 4B: HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER:
A. To Be a registered member of GBO organisation:
Fill and submit GBO membership form online.
Pay your GBO Socio I.d card fee and you will be given a booklet of the constitution and GBO I.d card. Anyone who did not submit their form and pay their idcard fee with all necessary obligatory fees and levies of the organisation cannot enjoy the organization’s benefits. You must join GBO socio media forum or attend their meetings.
B. Benefits of being a registered member of GBO are :
Benefits Of Being a Registered Member Of GBO:
1. Can vote and be voted for
2. Can be assisted in terms of logístics, and voluntary donations if the need arises as decided by the executive body.
3. Can participate in execution of organization projects and engagements.
4. Can be a GBO agent or partner in investments.
5. Can be a member of the Executive body that partake in decision making and implementation.
6. Can advertize your product, services or profession on GBO Worldwide forum.
Members Of Electoral Committee
- Elder Faluyi Osunde
- Mr Victor Osazuwa (Secretary)
- Mr Courage Igbinosa (Chairperson)
- Dr Ogunamen
- Nosa Uwaila
- Ms Derby Ohonbamu