Uniting Idu's Children Worldwide To Promote Culture And Community Development
The meeting started @ about 11am.
There was an opening prayer by breaking of kola nuts done by Barr Famous Osawaru, the drinks for libation was poured by Mr Lucky Aghahowa.
1 Nicholas Ogieva.. CD GBO Nigeria
2 Derby Ohonbamu … financial sec. GBO Worldwide
3 Aghahowa Nekpen… welfare officer GBO Nigeria
4 Uyi Omosefe… member
5 Aghahowa Godwin… member
6 Lucky Aghahowa
Program director GBO worldwide and coordinator Belgium
7 Ukponmwan I. O.Diva… Editor in chief GBO worldwide
8 Barr. Famous Osawaru Esq. Legal adviser GBO worldwide
It was resolved that On the 22nd there would be participation from GBO members at the Palace by wearing branded T-shirts and dancing in the Palace and later move to the Edofest venue on that same day.
It was resolved that there would be customized GBO T-shirt. There would be a logo of GBO at the front side of the T-shirt and at the back ‘uniting idu’s children’ would be written. The colour of the T-shirt is Red&White. The T shirt will be given to participants free. Fifty pack of rice (ize-oko). was agreed to be served accompanied with water and drinks.
On the 30th of Dec, GBO will join the ọba at Holy aruosa for thanksgiving for a successful igue festival.
ID card issue was brought up by Mr Nicolas Ogieva. That the turn up for members in Nigeria is low because of the fee for ID card which was deemed as be on the high side. Suggestions were made to reduce it to #2000, #4000 or 5,000, it was decided that the matter be referred to the EC for final resolution.
There was a proposal to nominate somebody to assist the coordinator GBO Nigeria since he is not finding it easy to combine full time govt work with running errands for GBO events and programmes. Nobody has be picked yet due to poor turnout of members.
The account opening was discussed and it was revealed that all the documents needed for the opening have be assembled so hopefully this week, we shall have GBO account number.
Adjournment was moved by Mr Uyi Ọmosẹde and was seconded by Mrs Derby Ohanbamu.
The meeting then moved to front of oba Palace where GBO congratulatory banner was hung opposite the Palace after a mild drama. Then members dismissed.
WORDS OF ELDERS
1. “Beware of the naked person who offers you clothes!
2. “When one’s goat get missing, the aroma of a neighbor’s soup get suspicious”.
3. “The future belongs to the Risk takers, Not the Comfort seekers!”
4. “A deaf husband and a blind wife are always a happy couple!”
5. “The first person you think of in the morning, or last person you think of at night, is either the cause of your happiness or your pain!”
6. “Be careful who you trust! Salt and Sugar are both white!”
7. “Kindness is like butter, it works best when you spread it around!”
8. “The walls don’t only have ears, they now see!”
9. “Sometimes, you have to play the role of a fool to fool the fools who think they are fooling you!”
10. “If you have a mom, there is nowhere you are likely to go where a prayer has not already been!”
11. “A harsh man tells a woman to stop talking, but a wise man tells her that her mouth is extremely beautiful, when her lips are closed!”
12. “No matter how long the night, the day is sure to come!”
13. “A woman’s greatest perfume is the fragrance of her man’s success!”
14. “A wise person knows that there is something to be learned from everyone!”
15. “It requires wisdom to understand wisdom.
16. The music is nothing, if the audience is deaf”!
17. “None of us is as smart as all of us. Work together to achieve!!
* IF you cannot be a bridge to connect people, then do not be a wall to separate them. Be a bridge builder, not a wall builder.
* IF you cannot be a light to brighten people’s good deeds then do not be darkness covering their efforts.
* IF you cannot be water to help people’s crops sprout, then do not be a pest destroying their crops.
* IF you cannot be a vaccine to give life, do not be a virus to terminate it.
* IF you cannot be a pencil to write anyone’s happiness, then try to be a nice eraser to remove their sadness.
* We can always be each others keeper.
Presidential Speech Presented By Madam Meg Okao,
Of Forum Of Great Benin Origins Worldwide.
4th Of December 2018.
The Executive Council of Great Benin Origins, the entire members of GBO Worldwide, distinguished Ladies and Gentlemen, it is with profound gratitude I Mrs. Meg Okao the President of Great Benin Origins Worldwide express my sincere thanks to our well meaning Idu united descendants. I thank you once again for accepting me as your own. I know cannot do it alone without your support therefore lets work together to get there.
We have come a long way together in fraternity, from the inaugural conference in Antwerp to the conglumerating town hall meeting in Brussels. We converged in Benin city, our ancestral capital to uphold and declare our solidarity in our homeland. Also, we have had turbulent times when our flight was quaking with uncertainty but we emerged triumphant from the house of discord. On the course of our tussle, providence mediated in our crisis and the ancestors intervened in our affairs.
Despite the scheme of things, here I stand before you today in full service with all my strength to strive, to defend the cause of Great Benin Origins. I will make it my ultimate priority that as an organisation, we will restores with fervent commitment the glories and dignity of Idu’s children.
Because culture and tradition is one of our core values, the bonding collaboration with people in the motherland to foster the preservation of our unique cultural heritage must be encouraged. We will sponsor cultural and traditional events on a global scale to showcase and sell our rich cultural heritage.
Indeed, socio-economic activities by GBO in our communities will not be left out. To engage in community development we will provide economic incentives that translates to social development and societal progress . We will create economic opportunities like small scale businesses to empower our people.
Considering the countless unmentioned endeavour we will embark upon in our homeland and even in the Diaspora, it is crucial to declare that Great Benin Origins is the hope of Idu’s descendant to attain the long lasting dream of Unity, Peace, Prosperity that will progressively spread through the front and hind quaters of our society.
Taking everything into account, I will like to use this opportunity to thank all members of this great organisation that stood firm in the face of our strengthening agitations that brought us to this point in our history, you will surely be remembered by posterity. And to everyone that are still undecided about what we stand for, hop from the fence and join the moving train. I earnestly invite you to join to the Great Benin Origins and be counted among the worthy Idu Children with a heritage that heralds unity in our present dispensation.
Thank you all
Oba gha tor kpere, Isee.
President GBO Worldwide.